Sunday, April 28, 2013

The 99 Names Of God


I am not a firm believer in God whatsoever, so I will state the following things from my experience of Catholic education, as if I do believe in said things. I may not believe in anything I say.

God is "The Bounteous". I stated this as feminine because women are bountiful in the fact that, unlike men, they are able to carry and give birth to a child. They have the fruit of the womb. God is bountiful because of his creations. He had the ability to create the human race, and all of the earths' creatures.

God is "The Guardian". He is a guardian because He watches over his people and guides them in their life. When I believed in God, he was my moral guidance in life. He was the most important thing in my life because he truly watched over me, and made me feel like I was blessed with everything...as if these things all happened for a reason. His plan is a part of how he looks out for us.

God is "The Dominating". He is dominating because he controls everything. He needs to, and he does. He makes sure he has followers because of his leading need. If he has no believers, who is he to dominate?

God is all of these things because he is everything. It is a pretty simple concept. He is everything, and contains every type of feeling that we feel. There is no need for which is feminine or masculine ..considering they are all stereotypes/gender roles from how our society sees "feminine" & "masculine".

No comments:

Post a Comment