Sunday, September 30, 2012

Caligula

1. Camus demonstrates Caligula's heart by showing that his desires are unlimited but his abilities are.  He wants something that is unobtainable.  Helicon said, "You're looking tired." Caligula responded, "I've walked a lot." Yes, you've been away for a while.," Helicon said.  "It was hard to find.," Caligula said.  "What was hard to find.," Helicon said.  Caligula said, "What I was after."  Helicon said, "Meaning?" Caligula lastly inferred, "The moon."  Caligula wants the moon which is impossible to have.

2. The patricians do not understand what Caligula actually desires to have.  The patricians believe it is something simple as a woman to love, but Caligula wants something more.  "Well...it's one of the things I haven't got."  Caligula's heart craves for entities with a deep meaning.

I agree with the patricians because they know that Caligula seems delusional to the fact that he desires something that is impossible to have.  "I see. And now--have you fixed it up to your satisfaction?," Helicon said.  " No. I couldn't get it.," Caligula stated.  Finally Helicon said, "Too bad!"  I believe that there is someone Caligula wants to have as his own, but he can not have it and now he is created masks to cover up what he truly want, what he knows he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment