Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wonder

In my experience, I have pondered on many different aspects in my life that were not totally clear to me.  I am not all knowing and therefore, there will always be some things that I question, or have questions about.  Technology is increasing and advancing everyday.  Thanks to today's technology, we have the ability to complete task quicker than we would have been capable of doing 1000 years ago.  In the past, everything was done by manual skill and labor.  As a young child, around the age of six, you are curious of many things.  At six, I would want to know, "How does a phone work? How can you talk to someone wirelessly, hundreds of miles away from you?" The possibilities of the next technological advancement is unimaginable.  The next iPhone could somehow drive you to school and save you gas.  At least that is what I would have thought if I were still six years old.  Now, I would just wonder when the next game app there is to play like Temple Run.  As we get older, I think we lack in an imaginative world because we understand the world and how the world works.  Everything is about getting money and spending money.  You have to earn your next buck to pay off a bill that you wish you did not have to pay.  At six years old, you are a virgin to the world.  Unknown and clueless about the real world.  All you know is toys, games and nap time.  Wonder can solve answers for questions, right or wrong, it is still an answer that could be believed as true.  In my experience, I believe that this could be true because I used to think many things and wonder about aspects in my life that I did not know and when I received a valid answer, my point may have been proven true or false.  During that time, I may have thought the answer I had was true, so I would think of this world where only I was correct.  The world a child knows and the world I know are two different things.  For instance, the old cartoon show, Rugrats, the kids always went on adventures, but those adventures took place in their home.  Somehow, their mind would create a world with dragons, dangerous caves and unclimbable mountains that only they knew.  Wonder is a day dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment